CTC supports mental health and community well being. We strongly believe that awareness and positive mental health starts with our youth. Not only are sports and recreation the hub of community living and extend economic growth, but most importantly it offers much more to ones physical and emotional well being.
Here are a few facts about community sports and recreation and their benefits;
- Contributes to higher levels of self esteem/self worth.
- Addresses antisocial behaviour and supports education
- Benefits spiritual health
- Develops social skills
- Teaches teamwork, cooperation, self control & leadership
- Provides opportunity to engage in positive relationships with mentors/coaches
- Raises aspirations
- Increases personal skill levels
In addition to the many ways recreational facilities and sports programs benefit the community’s youth, they also support the community as a whole through economic growth, local employment, community events and tourism. With this in mind, CTC has developed the Give Back Program. We offer financial contributions and resources to communities in need. To find out more about our program and receive an application, complete the form below.